June 18th, 2013
We went to Legoland last week. Super fun! Spencer loved it. My favorite part was MiniLand, home of all the city models and Star Wars stuff. I also loved the boat cruise where you could see some bonus models and the back of NYC. Spencer loved driving the cars and all of the rides.
Link up your wordless wednesday posts below!
June 17th, 2013
How’s it going? I think I’m moving in to some sort of summer schedule, I don’t know. No part of me feels the slightest twinge of guilt for neglecting things over here, so that’s probably healthy, right? My husband just went back to work today after month of. We mostly did things around the house, chilled and had a Legoland adventure. We thought about going up to the Sequoias, but have not camping supplies, hotels are super spendy or very rustic in the Mendocino area and we think we might be travel trailer people. We’re certainly investigating the possibility before next summer.
Waiting in line face.
I’m closing in on the halfway mark for my 50 books in 2013 self challenge. I need to update the page, but am a little embarrassed about the slightly smutty books that comprise the last three. What can I say, I got hooked on a series that was cheap and breezy.
Spencer is off for another week and then starts up school again. I mean, they call it camp, but it is basically school but extended and hour, with a lunch and the kids play outside a lot. Sounds good to me. I signed him up for Tu/Th again and then he switched to MWF in the Fall. Most of his school chums are staying Tu/Th so… I hope he’s ok with it. His most favorite friend of all is going to MWF camp, he’s going to be crushed.
Pre-scary ride game face.
It feels weird to have most of our summer plans over before Summer has technically even started. I did sign Spencer up for that Kids Bowl Free program to try and force us in to doing fun things. Hopefully, he likes bowling.
June 11th, 2013
Spencer’s recent interest in free painting is so much fun. After he finishes, he says everything is a tomato. Silly kiddo.
Link up your wordless wednesday posts below:
June 9th, 2013
Since posting the Let’s Read Blogs! post, I’ve had a few people ask me how exactly I find new things to read. I don’t have a great answer – I know lots of places to find new blog posts to read, but not as many ways to find a whole new blog. I have found most of mine through twitter, facebook, friends recommendations and, to be quite honest, a bunch through GOMI. There is a “stay on my internets” section as well as just the simple fact that just because some people don’t like a blogger doesn’t mean I won’t. Another great way to find the personal blogs of people who write elsewhere, like entertainment or blogmag sites. Check out those bios!
As for me, I love a good link round up most of all. Here are some of my favorites and when to find them.
- Fugs & Pieces, entertainment/pop culture links posted on Fridays on Go Fug Yourself.
- Weekday Links on Girls of a Certain Age, posted most weekdays. These aren’t just fashion, but cover a lot of pop culture and women’s interest
- Link Love, Fridays on Nubby Twiglet, this is a great collection of weekly links. Some design stuff, but tons of links about blogging and running a small business. I love these because the stuff she pulls from almost never overlaps from anything else I’m reading.
- Pajiba Love, weekdays on Pajiba. Mostly, but not all, entertainment. I have seen many a viral link included on these lists a good day or two before they go viral.
- Sharing is Caring, Mondays on Manic Mama. This is a new one for me, full of good parenting links from around the web.
Hope you find something new and fun to read!