11 Resolutions for 2011

1. Tweet less. Anyone who watched the madness of my last two weeks of tweeting knows the importance of this one. When I set goals, I meet them, but there is no way that was healthy. Fun? Yes. A good idea? Probably not.

2. Care about my appearance more. Contrary to popular opinion, Eileen, these first two do not go hand in hand. It was even quitting work. It was the BangsOfDoom from June. I hated my hair so much for so many months I didn’t even want to leave the house. I wore dirty jeans. I’ve JUST started wearing make-up again

3. Eat sweets less. I want to look hot for BlogHer. I suppose I should also exercise.

4. Write more. I mean really write. I have some things I want to say. Maybe here, maybe somewhere else, but there are stories on the tips of my fingers, itching to climb out.

5. Watch TV less. Pretty much self explanatory. I do not need to watch each episode of Top Chef every time it is on.

6. Comment more. I read all of your blogs. I don’t always comment because I want to leave meaningful comments that ad to the conversation. Or I was to make you laugh. And I hate drive by comments. BUT. I think there is a middle ground. I am determined to find it. All else fails, I will let you know which of the voices in my head liked your post the most.

7. Follow annoying people on Twitter less. This should be a no brainer, but I let myself get annoyed with people and forget that I control who I follow. Times are a changing.

8.Monetize more. Tacky? Sure. Honest? No doubt. There has to be a way to make a little money here without selling my soul or being annoying.

9. Complain less. I bitch and moan and complain all the time. In person on twitter.This has to stop. I need to take action and fix things that are fixable. Talking about them endlessly is a waste of time. Also, this one is pretty easy. I just said complain LESS, which given the volume of complaining I do on a day to day basis, this won’t be very hard.

10. Complete more. I start things and don’t finish them. I buy craft supplies and leave them in the bag. I start blogs and abandon them. I open Etsy stores and don’t stock them. This needs to stop.

11. Make do with less. This was just a polite way of saying that I need to get rid of a ton of crap.

Tags: , ,

14 Responses to “11 Resolutions for 2011”

This is a good list. It almost mirrors my list of PLANS (not resolutions; whatever Natalie). Although I hope by tweeting less you do not mean DRASTICALLY less. I just found you.

See, I’m already commenting more. amirite?

Not drastically less. But less when my husband is home for sure. I ignored him to tweet because I was so determined to meet my goal. That was shitty of me. But, if he is watching mythbusters, american top gear or how its made, I am going to tweet all I damn please.

Natalie Reply:

Good. I should resolve to do the same thing. Until he starts playing vidyagames.

2. Kyley Leger says:

Ah! You put into words what I realize I’m too afraid to spell out for the Internet worlds. The first step is getting it out there to hold you accountable! Good luck!

3. Eileen says:

I like your resolutions! I should probably just steal this post and copy and paste it to my blog.

Oh wait, that’s stealing.

And I got a shoutout on this one. woohoo.

And I skipped the super obvious Come ON Eileen joke. Thanks for commenting. I like seeing your smiling face on my site.

So many of these resonate with me.

#2 – I check the mirror every morning and think, “Eh…good enough. I brushed my hair.” I wore make-up twice this month, and both times my husband says, “Did you hit your head? Are you okay?” I want to be the type of woman who LOOKS GOOD, but I’ve never been able to pull it off, and at some point just stopped trying. It’s hard to find clothes that fit, that I like…I have a list of reasons why I can’t look cuter. I should get rid of that list.

#4 – I started my blog to have a platform for all the stuff I have to say. Rarely do I get anything I want to say out there. I get so tied up in perfection. Should let that go, too.

#10 – Hubs is *ALWAYS* asking me about the 9 million in progress projects I have. Whatever, I’m creative. I can’t be contained.

Here’s to a new year of change and evolution!

I thought of you when I was I was writing about my bangs because I know you know just how I feel. This year, we will love our hair.

5. […] am so excited. I was going to do a reading challenge, but this seemed infinitely more completable (resolution #10). To make things interesting, I’m going to try and do mostly non-Spencer pictures.I have […]

6. Nichole says:

I want to look hot for BlogHer too.
    Maybe we can encourage one another?

Also?
    If you’re looking for someplace to comment, I can point you in the right direction. ;)

Normally, after your posts, I am in such a fit of jealous rage that I am unable to comment. I’ve commented at Kris’s house for almost a week. You are next. Also, you are one of my inspirations for my BlogHer diet, not that you need to, but I swear I remember you tweeting something about not eating a cookie because you would rather look good at BlogHer. You are going to be the little cookie vs. BlogHer voice in my head.

7. Kris says:

Amy –

I am so glad that you came out of the shadows and commented on my blog! I loved your comments. I love talking to you on Twitter.

I wish for you? A year in which you comment only when you are moved to comment. Only when you feel excited about sharing and connecting with the writer of the words that have moved you.

A comment like that? Is lovely, and connects the reader to the writer. Oh, I love to get a comment from a reader who is really reaching out to me.

As you have done this past little bit.

And so now?

Whether you continue to comment or not? I know you are reading. And I know a little bit about you.

I feel connected to you.

And that is beyond lovely.

Just beyond.

I won’t be running all over the internet spewing comments left and right. But. I won’t be doing what I used to do which is composing a comment in my head and not typing it. As I said in my comment (woo! I did it) on Nichole’s beautiful post yesterday, commenting for the sake of commenting or just to get a return comment is one of my least favorite aspects of the blogging world. My goal is to add value, become part of the conversation, make a connection or simply just be. I no longer want to lurk in the shadows.

8. […] RSS feed for updates on this topic.Powered by WP Greet Box WordPress PluginBack in January, I made 11 resolutions for 2011. If there is one thing I learned in my old job it is that things to do not improve with out […]