One.Point.Five

One Point Five. Eighteen Months. A year and a half. This? Is upsetting. I don’t know where the time has gone. Just 6 months and a week or so ago, Spencer took his first steps. Now he is walking, running and doing kicks. Madness.

Running away from me already ::sob::

I’ve tried doing the milestones posts, but I am not very good at them. Instead, I though I would try to describe Spencer right now.

• His favorite food is grapes hands down. He asks for them at nearly every meal and frequently for snacks. When I am in the kitchen cooking, I always hear this little voice asking for “Gapes, Gapes”
  • My favorite thing that he does: there are two. When he is trying to open something and struggles, most often the lid from his bucket of blocks, he very quietly repeats, “Help, help, help, help,” until said help is given.  The other is that
  • He sings two little songs.
  • He knows 200 words, including the alphabet and numbers 1-9. But he can’t count. Unless “One, Two, Three, Two, Seven” is counting.
  • His favorite drink is carbonated mineral water. He calls it bubbles.
  • He loves going to the park and loves the swings most of all.

Flying High

• His favorite TV shows are Yo Gabba Gabba, The Fresh Beat Band and Jeopardy. And the Olivia theme song.
  • He still doesn’t sleep very well or for very long.
  • He loves to tickle and be tickles. He puts on his game face, flexes his fingers says “tee-koal, tee-koal, tee-KOAL” and attacks. Always in threes. Always know he is coming.
  • Two sounds terrify him: the vacuums and his dad’s sneezes.
  • He has 14 teeth and an amazing smile.

• He has worn his orange hat almost every single day for a year. He demands it before going out the door. It’s getting small and the hunt for a new hat has begun. This one will be hard to beat.
  • He loves to wash his hands in the sink and dry them himself on a towel.
  • He has a perpetual red scrape on the back on his neck from the velcro on bibs he yanks off.
  • He loves to help and is learning to put his toys away.
  • The last year has been amazing.

1/27/2010

This time last year:

• I was working full time.
  • I thought teething was a lot of drool and some general fussiness.
  • Spencer slept through the night.
  • We were getting ready to take our first family trip.
  • Spencer stayed where I left him.
  • I thought I knew my capacity for love. I was wrong.

Spencer, I love you yesterday, today and everyday. Happy 1.5!

Tags: , ,

25 Responses to “One.Point.Five”

1. Cole says:

Happy 18 monthday, Spencer! I like grapes, too, but my *favorite* are blackberries.

Spencer likes blackberries, too. But, he took to smooshing them in his fingers and smearing them on his clothes. We are taking a little break.

Happy 18 months Spencer! I am very impressed at all you know and can go!

You are the reason I can’t do milestone posts. Yours a so much fun and so well done and mine just suck. I hope you are happy, ruining things for the rest of us. Also, Spencer learned a new word today while I was showing him people’s kid pictures on facebook to keep the monster entertained – Eh-ben.

Suzanne Reply:

Happy to help. And if I ever see Spencer say Eh-ben I will DIE IMMEDIATELY OF CUTENESS.

3. Kim says:

Happy half birthday, Spencer! He certainly does have a great smile :) 6 more months & our boys will be 2! Craziness!

Eeek! I am not ready for 2. I can barely wrap my head around 1.5.

4. Happy half birthday to you both! Spencer is so bright and spunky. Bronwyn sends him a hug.

5. Alana says:

Happy half birthday Spencer!
    You are so cute and by the sound of this post so smart!
    High five from Baby D!

I can’t wait until Spencer can Baby D hang out!

6. TheNextMartha says:

I love 18mths. Then I love 3. Hope you plan something great with that hat. Like bronze it or something.

I will say I will never doubt the quality of Janie and Jack. He wore the crap out of this hat and it is near perfect condition. And yes, we should totally bronze it. Screw shoes.

7. Natasha says:

Happy half bday Spencer! In honor of your special day, I think I’ll go out any buy some ‘bubbles’ for Butterball :)

I love the little surprised face when he gets the carbonation. I hope Butterball likes it!

Happy Half Birthday, Spencer!

Thanks! I think he had a pretty good day.

Happy Half Birthday Little Man!

The tickle thing kills me. SO freaking cute.

He sounds like an amazing little boy. Can’t wait to meet him ;)

And if he likes the Olivia theme song, he will get along fine w/ my girls, because they LOVE to sing it, and insert everyone’s name into it. Spa-hen-cer, Spa-hen-cer, SPA-HEN-CER, SPA-HENNNN-CEEEE-ERRRRR Yep. Just like that.

He loves trying to say Oliva. It comes out about like Oh-ee-ya and he starts jumping around. And then I have to turn it off because the show drives me a little insane. They are pigs – why do they have pets? And as my husband always likes to say, pigs don’t have spaced out children. That family should have litters. Childrens television issues, we have them.

10. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Amy, Amy. Amy said: Holy Crap! 18 months! {Post} http://bit.ly/gpFyLd […]

11. jill says:

how exciting! i love that you just reflected on him and what he’s like these days! he’s such a little smart guy! you must be such a proud mama! happy one and half years old!

I am a very proud mama and he is such a fun little guy. Thanks!

12. Aww, so sweet! Happy 1/2 birthday!

Thanks! He had a very good day yesterday!

13. JD says:

My Fi is the same age & I can’t believe how much she does now! I have a bunch of those pics of Fi running away!
    This age is my favorite so far! They’re little people now!
    Happy 1.5!

They are such little people now! With such big personalities. It is amazing.