Tat-Tues Day

As you may or may not remember, Spencer is named after a ship. I have meaning to get a tattoo dedicated to the little guy since, well, his birth, but I went back an forth on the design and the placement for a year. I have finally decided on the what and the where – DD-512, the ship number, and on my arm, right below the inside of my elbow – and now I have to decide on the absolute hardest part: the font. I am a bit of a font geek, so this is no easy task. I think I have narrowed it to the following options and think I know which, but I am open to suggestions and would love to hear opinions.

The size is arbitrary. These are very lazy, non-resized screen grabs. Let me know what you think in the comments. Thanks!

Tags: , , ,

10 Responses to “Tat-Tues Day”

1. Cole says:

I like the 2nd font the best, followed by the first. The other 2 aren’t really my style – the third one seems sort of robot-y, and the fourth I like a lot, but not for this purpose; it’s the most girly of the bunch.

I love the placement you chose. It’s one of my favorite places for tattoos.

Ahem. I like #2.

3. I love the last one, but its your body and only you have to love it!

4. Colleen says:

I choose #1, because I think the rest would bleed after time… Typographically speaking though, I’d pick #2.

I like #2 best, but if it was up to me I’d go with a font that looked like the ones they actually use to label stuff in the military. Of course it would be WAY MORE HELPFUL if I could give you an example of what I’m talking about or find the name of the font but my husband’s answer was “I have no idea what you’re talking about” and Google image search isn’t giving me what I want with terms like “ship numbers font squareish with lines”.

6. Alana says:

I like the last one!

I like the last one. But I’ve always been a sucker for curly fonts if done right.

8. TheNextMartha says: