Now with a marshmallow center…

I roll my eyes a lot when people get their feelings hurt on twitter. People need thicker skins and should just realize that the internet it full of assholes. And then tonight, twitter made me cry. I tweeted this:

For anyone who may not know, I pink puffy heart love Top Chef. It isn’t just my favorite show on Bravo, it is my favorite show on tv. I frequently have to dodge Top Chef spoilers on twitter, which isn’t that big of a deal, I just pop off and just check my mentions and DMs. Normally, I tweet something of this nature. No big deal. Within 30 seconds, I got this response:

I blurred out the name just in case anyone hasn’t seen it yet. Now, I had already closed twitter on my laptop, but if I happen to be looking at my phone (which I was), I see the tweet when the notification comes in. I promptly burst in to tears.

I have no idea who this person is and I don’t know if he was following me before this tweet or not, but he was following me when I went to screen grab the tweets. It is really weird. I don’t know what propmted this, I guess my tweet was a little assey about the spoiler thing, but I do think it is the people who do not want to be spoiled’s responsibility to dodge twitter or facebook or live streams if you don’t want to find out what happens.

This isn’t the first time someone has been a jerk to me on twitter and I am sure it won’t be the last, but it is the first time twitter made me cry. Now, while I am a little emotionally invested in this season of Top Chef, I am also exhausted. I put a lot of pressure on myself this week to finish a last minute writing project, clean up part of the house and I am flying solo and Spencer has pretty much been on nap strike and sleep rebellion. So, that is probably what made me cry. But this was still annoying.

Tags: , , , , ,

17 Responses to “Now with a marshmallow center…”

That guy should change his name is Assface McDouchebag. I’ll admit when I see people screaming “AHHHH! NO SPOILERS!!” I get all eye-rolly, but you were actively NOT checking your feed to avoid them, so tweeting you the results was just a jerk move. Block block block block block.

To be fair, I was thinking about tweeting you something like “The guy with the hair wins” because we don’t get Bravo anymore (sob) so I actually had no idea. But then I was afraid maybe one guy DIDN’T have hair and I might actually totally spoil something unintentionally so I didn’t.

Right, as far as I am concerned people have a right to spoil on twitter. Part of the fun it is the interactive tv watching. I am at a disadvantage by being on the west coast, but I can turn it off. I suppose I don’t need to announce it… And it much different for you to say something – I would have known it was a joke. Like if you had said “Oh no! I don’t want to know how 24 ends” and I answered “They all explode” or something.

THAT is an epically asshole maneuver. I mean, really. How old is this dude? 7? And he (I’m assuming gender here) wants to crap all over your Christmas parade with the news that Santa doesn’t exist?

NOT NICE ASSFACE.

That is all. The week is half over. You’re kicking ass.

I assumed it was a guy because the name was Daniel. I suppose it could be a funky form of Danielle, but who knows. I tweeted him back, “ass” was the entirety of the tweet. And thanks! Only two more days. I have A LOT of cleaning to do.

3. Nichole says:

That person? Is a complete ass.
    We haven’t watched the finale yet, but it’s on the DVR waiting for us for tonight.
    Did I mention that that person is an ass?
    So sorry that s/he ruined it for you.

It is a really good finale. I’m glad I blurred the name.

4. Some people are just jerks. :o(

Dude, that’s total douche canoe assfuckary right there.
    I mean…What the hell? I agree, twitter is a great place for ppl to converse about a show as it is happening, but you were doing your due diligence to avoid finding out and this assclown ruins it for you anyway?

Bill refuses to watch movie/tv trailers b/c he doesn’t want any part of a show ruined. It drives me crazy b/c I often like trailers, but I really understand and respect his wishes. Even if I do sometimes read too much online to find out what happens. *guiltyface*

This makes me unreasonably angry. Sometimes it is the little things in life that make us the happiest (I swear that wasn’t a plug). Like when those jerks went around ruining the HP book ending with “XYZ Kills ZYX!” (just in case someone STILL hasn’t read the books). It’s mean-spirited.

Sorry that jerk made you cry. *hugs*

6. Veronica says:

ahhhh the old twitter gangster. what an asshole. good luck finishing up sweetie xo

7. Kimberly says:

:( It’s those little things like looking forward to tv that make the days bearable sometimes. I don’t know how you west coasters do it! I was there for 9 nights and was so angry at the spoilers (I know- it’s sad that I was that into who Brad picked)!

8. Anna says:

What a douche. Seriously. He deserves a punch in the nads.

Completely agreed.

9. Rici says:

I have heard about this Twitter Villian making his/her (?) rounds on Twitter. I’ve thankfully never fell victim to their mean spirited ways. I think they just get a rush out of thinking people care what they think. Your blog is great. They are mean and should be ignored. I’m sorry your show got spoiled though, that is in my top 10 of uncool things.
    I hope you have a happy Thursday.

Thanks! I will have a happy thursday! And I think there are a bunch of jerks running around twitter, this guy only had 30 tweets or so.

10. Leslie says:

I hope you blocked him!! What a jerk. Why do people go out of their way to be mean? Why?! Sorry that happened to you. Twitter can be a rough playground sometimes.

11. OttosMom says:

Fuck that guy (person, whatever) what an asshole. I’ve cried about spoilers a time or two in my life. They ruin the fruition of any little zen fantasy time you may have carved out for yourself — that is super super precious nowadays as slaves (I mean moms, but you knew that). If I could kick that dbag in the teeth for you I totally would. You have every right to vent.

12. wendy says:

so sorry, Amy.
    here’s some good words to maybe counteract the bad ones:

May the long time sun shine upon you
    All love surround you
    And the pure light that’s within you
    Guide your way on