Mini Milestone: Home Haircut

After a few phone calls, I decided I just couldn’t take the hair in Spencer’s eyes one more second. He’s been hardcore blinking and I think his bangs kept him from going back to sleep when he woke up in the middle of his nap yesterday. So, I attempted my first at-home haircut. With mixed results.

Before

It is a little wonky on the (as you are looking at the picture) right side. His hair is thicker on that side and I don’t have the faintest idea how to thin or layer. It is not, however, a bowl cut. I will allow bowlish. With ear wedges.

I am not sure if I will be attempting this again, but I’ve come to the conclusion that it isn’t awful. Even if hubs laughed at it when he got home from work. I am choosing to believe that he laughed because it wasn’t shaggy anymore and he was amused by Spencer’s eyebrows.

Tags: , , ,

7 Responses to “Mini Milestone: Home Haircut”

1. Brigid Keely says:

Haha! Niko has those exact PJs.

You made a good choice with the hair cut, not cutting it too short trying to “even out” the wonky bits. MY MISTAKE. He looks better with the trimmed hair in front, you can see his cute fact a lot better. He’s got devilish little eyebrows!

2. Alana says:

Good job!
    Also that smile…to die for!
    You are way braver than I am. I am still practicing the nail cutting with fear I will clip the skin!

3. TheNextMartha says:

Awe. It’s cute. I bought an electric hair trimmer that I use on the sides/back. I scissor cut the top. I’ve saved a ton of $ doing it myself and am pretty good at it too.

Oh, thats not terrible at all! I was expecting much worse. Although he does look super grown up with his eyebrows showing.

My friend Andrea’s husband also got tired of shaggy haired children so he gave her 3 year old and 1 year old buzz cuts. I came home and hid the clippers from my husband.

5. OttosMom says:

You did great, mama! I alllllmost was gonna say something recently about the bangs-in-the-face but then I remembered how long I held out before cutting Otto’s. It’s emotional, such a big milestone. Spencer is a super cutey pants though, he looks extra cute with his big boy cut!

Oh! This isn’t his first haircut. He had one in November and his bangs were much too short, like mid-forehead; that’s why I attempted it at home. I just wanted enough so he could see but he was still my cute little shaggy guy.

I think you did fine! I’ve trimmed O’s hair twice now. Once was very successful, the second time…not so much. Apparently the toddler wants to hold the scissors while I’m using them. Who would have thunk?

He’s so cute…even a not-perfect haircut can’t change that.