Wordless Wednesday: Joplin

I think this might be the first time I’ve really had words on wordless wednesday and it is the first time I’ve used someone else’s pictures for sure. But the destruction to Joplin hit me hard. My friend Uli is a firefighter in Springfield, Missouri. He reported to Joplin pretty much the minute he got off of work the day after the tornado struck. And spent a good 12 hours there. These are his photos and he was kind enough to let me post them here.

They are simply cell phone photos of random bits of destruction and I thought I would share them here. I know this may be the worst tornado season ever and there will be needs in many cities, but please consider donating to help Joplin. Here’s how you can help.

Tags: ,

20 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday: Joplin”

1. Marni says:

This is such a tradegy! We lost two family members this month in the Alabama disaster’s. Horrible. :(

I am now STALKING you everywhere that I see possible here!

Like that? Maybe you’ll link up with my new Super STALKER Sunday Blog Hop? I can’t believe the response we’ve gotten the past few weeks… About 150 awesome bloggers have linked up!

I also should mention that I have a FANTASTIC Blog Hop Directory that has at least a dozen blogs listed for every day of the week. No kidding! Come and check it out! : )

2. Nicole says:

I AM SO SORRY. I WILL KEEP YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND THOSE EFFECTED BY THIS IN MY PRAYERS.
    NICOLE

It’s just unbelievable, thanks for sharing. Keeping the people of Joplin in my good thoughts and prayers.

4. Green Momma says:

This is so sad. Praying for Joplin. :(

5. alicia says:

So, so terribly tragic and sad… The images bring it closer to home.

6. Girl Talk says:

So tragic! I am so sorry! Prayers for Joplin.

7. Wow that is SCARY. I think I read that over 75% of Joplin got destroyed?

I heard 75% too.

The photos are just unbelievable. My brain can’t wrap itself around the thought of my house turned completely into splinters and all my stuff thrown hundreds of miles away. And there’s nothing that can be done to prevent it – so you best believe I’m going to help now when these people need all the aid they can get. You’re a good person for helping bring more awareness.

The phrase that freaked me out the most is when they talked about medical records raining down from the sky after the hospital was hit.

9. how tragic

10. Wow…..So terrible.

11. So devastating! It’s definitely hard to watch the coverage on tv and read it about as well. It’s just so, so heartbreaking and scary. I was up for about an hour in the wee hours this morning because of another strong storm system rolling through. Tornado warnings. Wall clouds. Rotation on the radar. Scary stuff. Thanks for sharing these pics, Amy.

12. Sofia says:

I’ll keep you and your family and all the people affected by the tornadoes in my thoughts and prayers! Stay strong!

13. Meryl says:

My heart goes out to each and every one of you.

14. These photos are so heart breaking. I can’t imagine that kind of devastation hitting my town. :(

15. spring has been wicked this year, following a wicked winter. I keep praying for everyone effected. so far we have been spared from the worst this year.

16. My prayers to all!

17. Thank you for posting this. I live 4 hrs from Joplin, I”m in KS. My husband will be travelling there tomorrow and probably the next day with our church to help with clean up efforts. I am constantly praying for all the people involved!

18. Those pictures are so sobering! My heart goes out to everyone affected by all the recent tornadoes. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers! ((HUGZ!))