Wordless Wednesday: In the Grotto

Grotto of the Redemption in West Bend, Iowa. This whole place is covered in geodes, the biggest collection in the world, I think. It is so very sparkly.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

20 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday: In the Grotto”

1. What an interesting looking place! I’ll have to make sure that I look it up if I’m ever in West Bend, Iowa. :)

It was pretty cool. It was closed, so we just saw it from the outside.

2. Alicia C. says:

OK, I will be doing a cross-country vacation with my family someday and this place is definitely on my list now! That’s just amazing!

If you happen to be in Iowa, it is worth checking out. It is not, however, worth a trip to Iowa just to see it.

3. What a strange looking place, it must be pretty cool inside too.

4. Emily faliLV says:

Seriously so gorgeous!! Iowa – who would have thought!!

5. Cristi Comes says:

That is so cool. Geodes rock. ;)

I am now kicking myself for not calling this post geodes rock.

Cristi Comes Reply:

LOL

6. Whao.. it must have taken a pretty long time to built that place.. the architecture is so intricate.

I think that technically this works, even if it is a pun. It made me giggle.

Love the photos, looks like something out of a fairytale. :)

I’m glad it made someone giggle besides me, I only got an eyeroll from the hubs.

8. aquariann says:

Hurray for sparkles! I want to see that place in person.

-:¦:- WW: White Magnolia Magic -:¦:-

9. Mandy says:

Hello there! I do not live anywhere near Iowa, but if I am ever around there, I will have to see this place! It is absolutely gorgeous! Oh man! What a wonderful WW post!

Check out my WW and link up!

Mandy

10. kewkew says:

Wow, looks amazing.
    Thanks for sharing

11. Wow – what an interesting place!

Like everyone else said, what an interesting place. What in interesting IDEA even.

13. Girl Talk says:

Wow! That is so glamorous! I live maybe 2 to 3 hrs from there but I havent seen this place yet in person. I would like to go there someday.

14. Reviewer11 says:

Beautiful! You’re lucky to be able to go there. Cool! :D

Holy crap that is AMAZING. What the heck is it doing in Iowa of all places? It looks so much like something I’d expect in Southern California.