Weight loss Update: 30 Pounds Lost

It has been awhile since I posted a picture and a little weight loss update, been a long while in fact. I’ve been feeling crappy all day because I hit 30 pounds last weekend and then there was a little incident with a lemon cake and my period and needless to say, I re-hit 30 pounds lost again this Saturday. Honestly, I think it was mostly water weight, went up an pound and a half overnight and couldn’t shake it.¬† But, I’m back down again, so I guess it is picture time.

Here I am in May, after I lost the first 10 pounds:

And here I am in July, after losing 30 pounds (total, 20 since the last set of pictures):

Same shirt, different pants. I was too lazy to find the same ones, but you can still see the difference. I was surprised by the difference when I looked at the picture sets. I could almost wear the green shirt out in public. There is significantly less pulling, but it is still a little snug.

I’m almost halfway to my goal! Woot! Things have slowed down a bit, the last 10 pounds took longer than the first 20, but I think that is to be expected a bit. I’ve gotten rid of the poor choices weight and now I need to work on the healthy lifestyle losses. The program I am using (Spark People) is all about lifestyle changes as opposed to fad diets and it is working great so far!

There is no golden ticket in my weight-loss story. I’ve been trying hard to eat real food, lots of fruits and veggies, lean meats. I do buy light cheese and most embarrassing of all, have a not-so-small addiction to laughing cow light cheese. It is by far my most processed indulgence.

As for tips?This is what I have found in the last few months, but really it depends on what your triggers/issues/eating habits are. I’m a snacker. That was one of my huge issues, well, that and being a big eater. I could easily put away¬† a double cheeseburger, onion rings and a shake. Come to find out that was probably about 1500 calories. The biggest thing that has helped me in the last month is keeping some prepared fruit out on the counter in the kitchen, normally just blueberries or grapes. That way, if I wander in looking for a snack, there is something right there. Otherwise, I go looking for the cheese…

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join the Web’s Only Nutrition & Fitness Program Just For Teens! Diet

I was not compensated in anyway for this post. That is a referral link for SparkPeople, but I only get (non-monetary) points for a referral.

Tags: , ,

20 Responses to “Weight loss Update: 30 Pounds Lost”

1. Alena says:

That’s awesome! FWIW, that’s pretty much how I look in clothes and find that Hane’s shapewear cami’s are just enough to keep clothes from pulling….with out making me feel restricted.

You look great!!

That’s so smart. I think about shape-wear for being under fancy clothes, I never even though about wearing one of the tanks/camis under everyday clothes. I just wear baggy clothes… Your way is better.

Alena Reply:

I totally wear better shape wear with nicer clothes. But I feel better and more comfortable if I have something on all the time. Like I know that I don’t have to worry about looking like a hot mess! :)

You look AMAZING. I can’t believe you think you’re only half-way there. Your little post-baby stomach pooch is totally gone and that is pretty much the hardest thing to lose.

Laughing cow cheese is the BEST. On Weight Watchers it’s only like 1 or 2 points a wedge so I can nosh to my heart’s content for my afternoon snack.

It actually isn’t. I think the pants blended it in to the rest of me. I am still as doughy as ever, just less dough… Someday it will all be gone!

GAH! You look AMAZING! So very, very jealous.

4. Brittany says:

You don’t look doughy at all! I know it’s always there lurking on the parts you don’t show people, but really. You can really see the improvement!

I might have misrepresented myself with flattering pictures, lol. I can still grab fistfuls of belly. I am tall with a large frame, so I can carry a lot of weight.

And thank you. :)

5. nikkisnacs says:

You are doing great! I’m so ready to hit 20 lbs lost. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! 20 pounds is awesome! It is so hard when you are super close to a goal, it just can’t come fast enough.

6. OttosMom says:

!!! you look fantastic! congrats, you rock! and 30 more lbs? you’ll drift away!

Thanks! The photo is super flattering, but thanks!

7. Alison says:

You look fantastic!

Thanks so much!

8. Cole says:

Congratulations – a 30 pound loss is quite an accomplishment, and you look great! :)

9. FANTASTIC!!!! I bet you just FEEL better too, not just physically but emotionally and mentally as well.

10. That is such great progress! I would love to shed 30 pounds! I’m working on it :o) 3 down, 27 more to go! You look great!

11. TOI says:

You are doing a great work :).

Thanks for stopping by.

12. […] Weight-Loss Update: 30 Pounds Lost […]

13. […] before pictures was sobering to say the least. I’ll spare you the gory details. Last year, I lost 30 pounds and I have kept most of it off, but I feel myself creeping back up to somewhere I wouldn’t […]