In 140

There once was a girl alone with her baby all the time. Then she found twitter & it was love at first sight. Girl was alone no more. #TheEnd

This week’s assignment will require the fewest number of words ever: we want you to write a story – your choice of topic – as a tweet. That’s right. One hundred and forty characters. Not words. Characters.

Tags: ,

19 Responses to “In 140”

I love this. I wish I had found Twitter earlier, for precisely this reason.

2. This is precisely what made me fall in love with twitter. And I love how you captured it. I’ve said it many times before, twitter saved my sanity during maternity leave.

3. Hee! this made me giggle. #truth

4. Galit Breen says:

Hee! Love it! And yes, so so relatable!

5. Elaine says:

Thank goodness, right? ;) Love this!

6. Perfect! I wish I’d had a mom account when I had my baby. Just boring work tweets. ;)

Sometimes when I am awake nursing the baby at 2 am and browsing Twitter, I can hardly believe I survived an entire year with my first baby without Tweetdeck on a smartphone. HOW???

I set up a little table for my laptop next to the nursing chair in his room. Thank god I found twitter a few months in or being up all night would have sent me out a window, But smartphone? So. Much. Better.

8. Hahaha! This is perfect and so SO true!! Love it :)

9. Nichole says:

Love this!
    Twitter saved me from losing my mind when Matthew was a tiny baby and nursing 3 times a night.

I couldn’t have stayed awake without my tweeps. :)

10. Emmy says:

I think that is why many of us blog and tweet

11. Social media has saved my life many a time!

12. Jennie B says:

#TheEnd indeed! Twitter certainly saved me once or twice!

13. Frelle says:

way back in the dark ages, I found br3astfeeding dot com in the winter of 1999 and got lost on its message board. I participated in message boards up until I found twitter, and never went back.

Online support and friendship is VITAL when you are isolated. Im so glad you found it, great response!

I found the le leche league boards and circle of moms. I didn’t love them. So happy I found twitter instead.

14. Amy says:

This is the story for so many moms :)

15. Perfect and so relatable! :>

16. Erin says:

This cracked me up so bad! Well put!