Halloween Yarn Wreath

I was inspired by Pinterest to make a festive halloween wreath. My initial thought was to do something like this yarn ball wreath, but in halloween colors.

photo credit: pinterest

Then I decided not to make it because I thought it might be to country or cutesy or something and I knew I would never be able to put all of the balls just right. So, I made this instead:

I love how it turned out, much cleaner than the yarn ball wreath, with a sparkly purple flower for a touch of whimsy. I would do a full tutorial, but I don’t really think it needs one.

To make a halloween wrapped yarn wreath:

1. Wrap wreath form tightly with orange yarn.
  2. Wrap a portion of the wreath in a contrasting color yarn. I used grey.
  3. Attach a flower.
  4. Done!

I happened to find a flower with an alligator clip on the back in the clearance bin, so I used that and just brushed with some glue and sprinkled with black glitter to add the sparkle.

To attach the flower, I just clipped a piece of yarn through the alligator clip and tied it around the wreath form. It could also be glued.

I’m not sure if I like it on the front door or the wall near the kitchen.

My intent was to make this a front door wreath, but I don’t love the orange with the red of the door.

Pin It

Tags: , ,

15 Responses to “Halloween Yarn Wreath”

1. Cole says:

It turned out really nice! But you’re right, I’m not loving it on the red door… Maybe a black one with beige as the contrasting color? Not sure how to bring in the Halloween-y colors, though.

!!! I love how minimalist it is while making a bold statement!

3. TheNextMartha says:

Adorable! Great job.

4. alana says:

Making this wreath this weekend! Great minds!! Looks great!

5. Brigid Keely says:

That looks absolutely incredible!

6. mindie says:

I am in love with your color choices. perfect for fall. I would love for you to share this at Bacon Time, the linky runs weekly fri-mon. Come strut your stuff

7. Karen Weight says:

It looks great and I love the purple flower with the orange and grey. Fabulous!!

8. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. Btw, I’m admiring all the creativity you have in your blog. May I invite you to join us at the Creative Bloggers’ Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

9. […] Halloween Yarn Wreath […]

10. I stumbled and I pinned this! So cute.

11. That’s so cool! I love crafts like that.

12. […] really loved the look of my halloween yarn wreath: modern and simple, with the clean lines that come from using yarn to cover the wreath form instead […]

13. louis vuitton 財布 値段

14. Greetings from Los angeles! I’m bored to tears at work
    so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break.
    I enjoy the knowledge you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when
    I get home. I’m shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my phone ..
    I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, great site!