Wordless Wednesday: Apple Picking

We picked our first apple of the year. We planted the tree when we first moved into the house, so unlike our established citrus trees, this one is not what you would call abundant. Last year we got two apples, this year is looks to be about four. It has been a struggle keeping Spencer away from the fruit, but he loved finally being able to pick, and eat, it.

Do you have a wordless wednesday post? I’d love to see!

Tags: , , , ,

17 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday: Apple Picking”

1. Amy, he is getting so big! I bet he was super excited about watching the apples grow! :)

2. your own apple tree! too awesome.

3. Sarah says:

Awww. How cute!! Sweet photo.

4. Mallory says:

Aww.. He is so cute I’ve been dying to plant an avocado tree but I’m concerned on how many years it will take for it to develop fruit.

5. Beautiful photo! Thanks for hosting!

~your newest follower

6. sarah says:

deep in thought. love it!

7. Uyen says:

He’s definitely taking his job seriously. Very cute!

8. I would love to grow an apple tree! he looks intrigued!

9. Rachel says:

Oh yum, we have two cherry trees in our yard, but the cherries are so small!

10. Holly says:

What a wonderfully seasonal picture! I am eating an apple with my lunch as I type. Fall is such a lovely time of year.

11. Sarah says:

So much fun to have fruit to show him in your back yard!

12. SwankMama says:

Thanks for the linky! Cute pic of your little one :)

13. Awesome! I want an apple tree…

14. Lori says:

I wish we had an apple tree, I know he loves that!

15. Brigid Keely says:

What a great photo!

My in-laws own several acres of land in Wisconsin and there are tentative/vague plans to plant out an orchard up there (especially a certain type of plum they use to make brandy with). I want to do apples, too. In my fantasy land, fruit trees don’t need much maintenance so we can just plant them and happily let nature take its course until we want to harvest the fruit, which will still be there and not eaten by various animals/insects.

We bought a house with well established fruit trees and they don’t take a ton of work, but commercial orchards are pretty labor intensive I think. I’ve always wanted to go to Wisconsin and just never made it there, my dad was born there and lived for most of his childhood and family lore says I was conceived there. Maybe it is the call of my roots…