Vintage Halloween Hop

I had some trouble finding cute pictures for this. The ones I was thinking of were not in the box I thought they were and growing up before the digital age can make for slim pickings. Some were too dark, some were weird and one was mildly offensive. So, I bring you the year we were super heroes. Twice.

Our town had a costume 4th of July parade that, as girl scouts, my sister and I participated in every year. Depending on the theme, my mom would make us re-purpose the costumes for Halloween. Luckily, one year the theme was Super Heroes. I’m not sure why I was Mighty Mouse, but I do remember that my sister (and I) loved Wonder Woman. We both had the bathing suits. I love that she posed with her bracelets at the ready. Confession time: I know the Lasso of Truth, but did the bracelets have a name? I just remember her using them to boing away (technical term) bullets.

Be sure and check out Bebehblog’s post and link up your own Halloween post! It can be words or a picture. We don’t discriminate. And if you’re on twitter, tag your posts #VintageHalloween to make them easier to find. Yay!

Tags: , ,

7 Responses to “Vintage Halloween Hop”

Your Mighty Mouse is SO cute, but I have to say being the oldest kid and getting to pick the better super hero has its advantages. Also, you look exactly like yourself.

2. Leah says:

Your sister is throwing some serious Wonder Woman attitude but I bet you got more candy than she did.

3. Kim says:

At least our kids will never say “slim pickings” when it comes to pics. I swear 99.9% of the pics I have from my childhood would be deleted off my camera today.
    I LOVED mighty mouse when I was a kid :)

4. mandy says:

freakin’ adorable!

5. Melissa says:

So cute! Man, I didn’t want to have to dig through old Halloween photos but seeing this makes me want to put some effort in. I might have to go raid my parent’s garage.

6. aquariann says:

Fun hop! I wish I’d seen this earlier so I could have borrowed some old photographs to scan from my mom. You and your sister were adorable. ^.^

7. […] Here are some pics from Halloweens past ;) Check them out and then link up at Suzanne‘s & Amy‘s! […]