Wordless Wednesday: Fairytale Town

While in Sacramento last weekend, we met up with Eileen and family for some kiddie fun. Fairytale Town is basically just a big playground where you pay (fairly inexpensive) admission and everything is fairy tale themed. Works for me. An added bonus is that the equipment is delightfully and dangerously vintage. It opened in 1958 and has tons of original equipment. Bronwyn the Brave took a tumble on one of the steep slides and got a head bonk that she took like a champ. The slide maybe, just maybe, could have used a better warning sign than solo riders only.

Shoe slide!

Super steep - they don't make them like this anymore.

Hey kids! Who wants to slide down some bumpy fiberglass?

Headed down the crooked mile.

Giant turtle!

4 faces were about 3 too many to wrangle.

HUGS!

Do you have a wordless wednesday post? I’d love to see. And be sure to enter my Shutterfly giveaway after you link up. Free cards!

‘); // ]]>

Tags: , , ,

34 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday: Fairytale Town”

1. kewkew says:

That looks like an awesome park to visit. Lots of fun. You are sure right that they don’t make them like that anymore.

2. Haha! Looks like fun, even if the playground equipment was dangerous. lol

3. Ah, I love it! It reminds me of a park in Independence Kansas where the slide is straight up and down and there is still a metal merry go round! Ah the danger, makes it twice as fun!

4. Sarah says:

How fun. Great shots. I love that last one.

5. What fun!! Looks like they had a great time!

6. Ginger says:

That looks like a totally neat vintage place to visit for sure!

7. This place looks so much FUN!!

That looks like so much fun! I’ve had several people suggest it as something to do when visiting my dad, and now I might actually believe that it’s worth it!

It is relatively cheap too ($4.50). I wouldn’t go in the summer, though. Tons of metal stuff. Plus, there is a donkey!

9. Mama G says:

Looks like you had so much fun!

10. I think my grandsons would love that park, esp the bumpy slide, LOL. I just love the last huggie pic!

11. Lolo says:

Dangerously vintage makes it fun!
    We have a great place like that back home too.

12. Sofia says:

Looks like you guys had a blast!!

13. Honey Mommy says:

Wow!

That slide looks enormous! I bet my kids would love fairy tale land. We had fun at the farm and pumpkin patch today. I will have to post my pictures soon!

14. Awe – that looks like so much fun!!

Tammi
    My Organized Chaos

15. sarah says:

Very cool. I just post similar on our site. Will finish off the pictures and story tomorrow.

16. looks like a blast. love the bumpy fiberglass slide… haha :)

17. MarfMom says:

Looks so fun! Sounds similar to a place they have in Oakland, which I sadly haven’t been to either.

18. Katie E says:

That looks like such a fun place. I bet my girls would love it – they’re not put off by old and slightly dangerous :)

19. That’s a really cool shoe slide.. great place for kids to visit.. I’m sure that my boys would have loved visiting this place too.

20. How fun! Looks like you all had a blast!

21. Jessica says:

What a cool place. Love when somewhere keeps all of the original stuff.

Super awesome park. There used to be one like that around here somewhere, but now it’s abandoned and empty and super, super creepy. I stalked pictures of it on the internet once and had weird crazy dreams for weeks.

23. Girl Talk says:

Looks like a fun time!

24. Kim says:

Adorable. I have vague memories of visiting Dutch Wonderland when I was a kid & it looked similar.

25. Katherine says:

We have a park like that not too far from where we live…It’s called “Enchanted Forest”. From what I remember when I was little, it’s almost the exact same thing! We haven’t taken Ry there yet…maybe next summer.

I love that little hat Spencer is wearing!

26. We used to have a park here in town just like that one, it’s called Storybook Gardens..but it sure isn’t remotely like it was anymore. Thanks for sharing! <3

27. aquariann says:

What fun! I’ve driven by a similar park on the east coast, but can’t remember where it was.

-:¦:- WW: Spider Web Spun to Lantern -:¦:-

28. Super duper cute! I love playgrounds.

29. AWWW!!! That hug at the end is so precious! My daughter adores Wizard of Oz, she’d be all over this playground!

30. Nichole says:

Um…WHAT!!!???

You were busy! Didn’t you have a 5K or something?

31. That’s adorable!! I wonder how many fairy tales my boys would know!