Winter Yarn Wreaths in Blue

I really loved the look of my halloween yarn wreath: modern and simple, with the clean lines that come from using yarn to cover the wreath form instead of pine cones or branches. I thought I would repeat the idea for winter, but opted to do a solid color with a showier embellishment. My crafting abilities don’t extend to making fabulous felt poinsettias or snowflakes to decorate a wreath and I like my projects to be completed in just about one nap time and the easiest way for me to accomplish that is to make the wreath and simply buy the embellishments.

For the wreath for my front door, I knew I wanted blue to fit with my planned blue/silver decorating scheme and the lighter blue just popped better against the color of the door. This one is a wrapped wreath form (one layer) with a single large branch decoration. I wrapped the tip of the branch to bring it all together and simply tied the branch in place.

Not too shabby for $10 ($4.50 wreath form, $3 branch (I think, It was cheap), and $3 yarn with 2/3 of the skein left).

I’m slightly addicted to making yarn wreaths, so I whipped up another in blue, but a different shade. This one was sent off to Virginia so if a certain someone doesn’t want to see her wreath, she best close the window now.

For this one, I stacked 3 different silver floral pieces from the dollar bin. I love how dramatic and shiny it is with the royal blue yarn. I must admit that I was a little tempted to keep it. I’m going to be doing some mini wreaths for indoors, I can’t wait.

(I am also more than a little bummed that I didn’t actually look at the pictures I took of the dark blue wreath before I shipped it. The tan wall is not doing it any favors. It is really quite cute.)

Tags: ,

15 Responses to “Winter Yarn Wreaths in Blue”

1. Audrey says:

Oooh, I like the pale blue one with the white branch. Nice!

So cute! I love that branch on the pale blue one. Nice and wintery without being tacky.

3. Kat says:

Your halloween wreath inspired me to make a holiday wreath too! Heres how mine turned out- (not sure if I can post a pic, but i’ll try)

4. Kat says:

Well darn, it didn’t post. If you want to see, just ask ;)

I’d love to see! The links flagged it to pending. I tried clicking and it sent me to a private album.

I gasped out loud at your wreath! And the one on it’s way to Virginia? I LOVE it! Can’t wait to hang it!

Yay! The blue of yours is so, so pretty. It’s a royal blue, not the light navy it looks in the photos. I’m so glad blue and silver are ok. I was worried.

6. Kat says:

Hmm, lets try this again-
    [IMG]http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j433/lemonadejunkie/af9526e1.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j433/lemonadejunkie/5310c4a4.jpg[/IMG]

7. super super cute… LOVE the light blue one & love your red door!

8. melissa says:

LOVE the yarn wreaths! i made my first one for halloween and i think i’m addicted too. we haven’t done any christmas decorating yet but i’m ready!

9. Karen says:

These turned out so nice! I especially like the light blue yarn wreath with the white branches.

10. Alison says:

They both turned out great, but I especially like the light blue one. Love the embellishment on it!

11. Tracie says:

It really is beautiful (I love blue and silver for Christmas decorations).

Thanks so much!

12. Christina says:

I am in love with yarn wreaths. Do you hang them outside? If you do, do you use something weatherizing so they can stand up to the weather? I live in the south, so we don’t have bad weather often, but I am just thinking about it getting wet in the rain. I haven’t tried putting mine outside for that reason.