Dear Universe: Please Bring This Stuff Back

I am not asking much from 2012. No resolutions for me to fail, I want only to survive it. This year I am aiming high. In return, I would like you to please return these beloved items to my local stores.

1. Aussie Hair Detangler Circa 1995-2002 I think it had a sunflower on the bottle. It disappeard and I cried. It came back with a different, crappier formula and I cried again.
  2. Taco Bell Fiesta Menu This one dates me, but man did I used to love the super cheap mini versions of popular menu items.
  3. Kiss My Face Organic Lip Balm in Sliced Peach, SPF 15 I can no longer buy this locally. Even the overpriced health food store dumped it. I can find it online, but only in a 3 pack with other flavors I don’t really like. Or in boxes of 15 tubes and I’m worried it would go bad or something before I used it all. How long does lip balm last?
  4. Trader Joe’s (frozen) Buffalo Burgers These were so good. Why did they get rid of them? WHY? Stupid TJ’s. They always get my hooked on something and then poof, it’s gone.
  5. Trader Joe’s Orange Bergamot Green Iced Tea See #4
  6. Cool Ranch Doritos I liked the ones two flavor versions back at least. I liked them in 1992. Not everything needs to be new, improved and emboldened. Leave my chips alone!
  7. Wrigley’s Gums Big Red and Juicy Fruit were SO MUCH BETTER before they “boosted” the flavor and made it “long lasting” by adding aspartame.

I’m sure there are other things I can’t think of at the moment, especially with Trader Joe’s… Do you have any favorite products or foods that have gone missing?

Tags: ,

11 Responses to “Dear Universe: Please Bring This Stuff Back”

#4 – PLEASE, I beg you, bring the burgers back.

I loved the burgers. But my husband tragically misses that tea. He bought it by the multiple case. And then just poof! No more.

2. Amanda says:

I have no idea what brand it was but I used to use this hair spray stuff that came in a clear bottle and it was blue. It was called ocean hair or something of the sort. It was fantastic! The best thing ever for my mass of curly frizz. It is now gone and I am sad. So very sad.

It really is mean. They give us these awesome things, get us hooked and then just rip them away.

3. Apple says:

My mom loves lipton green tea (the mixed berry flavor). They are starting to phase it out of the stores. She ordered every box they had on Amazon and is now hoarding it…lol She says she will enjoy it while she can.
    I hate when they stop making something we love. I agree with #7. I LOVE big red gum. It reminds me of my high school days. I can rarely find it in the stores now.

Big Red was so good! And good for your mom for hoarding her tea. Sometimes tea is seasonal, it might be back in the summer!

4. Cole says:

Ohmigosh, we can relate – as SOON as Mommy loves a product, it’s gone! TJ’s is a big offender: Chocolate Tea and Frozen Mango Thai Coconut Rice dessert were HUGE favorites. Philosophy used to have a hair product called curly head that was sort of like Frizz Ease but lighter, and non greasy. She even called Philosophy to see if she buy up any remaining product, but no dice. :(

5. Cole says:

Oh, and Cherry Diet Coke! NOT Coke Zero, blech – Diet Coke with Cherry.

Diet Cherry Coke was SO GOOD! I didn’t even think about all the sodas I have loved before.

Bath and Body Works stuff in the lilac scent. It was my FAVORITE for YEARS before they discontinued it. I used to hunt it down on Ebay but people wanted like $30 for a 1.5 oz bottle. Crazytown.

I’ve heard that bath & body works is almost as bad as trader joe’s for discontinuing stuff that people adore.