Wordless Wednesday: Beach Museum

My sister was visiting for the holidays, so we took to opportunity to take a little trip to the Ty Warner Sea Center on the pier in Santa Barbara. I called it the beach museum on the way there because Spencer thinks all museums are the dinosaur museum and I didn’t want him to be disappointed. The weather was beautiful and we had a lovely, if slightly crowded, afternoon.

Look mama! FISH!

They had a cool magnifying glass that slid up & down the tank.

Spencer's favorite part was the touch the stuff tank. That's pokey!

Correction: his favorite part was the puppet show.

He made all of the puppets say "How are you today?"

Sister!

Do you have a wordless wednesday post? I’d love to see! Link up below:

Tags:

23 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday: Beach Museum”

1. kewkew says:

Looks like a great place to visit. Lots of fun! Love that there was a magnifying glass, that is so neat. The last shot is great.

He’s a little small, so he mostly liked the magnifying glass for the sliding, but it will be cool when he is older.

2. Beach museum – that’s cute. Looks like Spencer had fun!

He had a blast! Can’t wait to go back.

3. Looks like a super fun place! I love the touch-me interactive tanks. They’re so great for kids. :)

He was so gentle with the creatures, too. I always worry.

Awesome! The puppet theater is adorable, as is Spencer.

Of course he now wants me to build him a puppet theater. Cardboard will have to do.

5. That’s a really neat museum. We too recently brought the kids to the museum.

6. debi9kids says:

I always love visiting places like that. Looks like a great afternoon :)

I’m really lucky to have so many great museums so close.

7. alissa apel says:

That sounds like a fun time. I’ve never been to a museum like that before.

I love marine museums and aquariums, too.

8. Trisha G. says:

That looks pretty cool! I like how they have a little puppet theater, cute! Thanks for linking up at Momma T and Baby E =)
    Trisha

9. mallory says:

Looks like a fun day. I love his hat!

10. I’m intrigued by the touch the stuff tank – I just want to reach right through my monitor and feel!

It was so cool. You can touch all the stuff except the hermit crab. Apparently, he gets a little pinchy.

11. Too cute! I’ve actually been thinking of going to Santa Barbaras soon. I will have to put this on my list.

It’s pretty inexpensive and as a bonus, they validate for 90 minutes free parking right on the pier. Could easily do museum and a quick lunch.

12. momto8blog says:

what fun!! that is the best way to learn!
    Thanks for the link. I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

13. dumb mom says:

Fun! And I’m so jealous about your weather!

14. julie says:

looks like lots of fun! Makes me miss the Aquarium we used to visit when we lived in Vancouver

15. domain says:

It’s remarkable to pay a quick visit this web page and
    reading the views of all mates on the topic
    of this piece of writing, while I am also zealous of getting know-how.