Thrifting

I used to be quite the avid thrifter and then, well, time and life and moving somewhere with crappier thrift stores interfered. I mostly thrifted clothes and if I ever turn up my college photos showcasing my 90s uniform of vintage dress-white tights-black mary janes, you guys are in for a treat. In the mean time, I thought I would link up with Mandy (of The Haps) for High on Thrifting Thursday.

Of course, I didn’t go thrifting this week, but as I’m trying to dip my toes back in to blogging with words and things, I’m hoping she’ll make an exception. These are my absolute favorite thing I got at the thrift last year.

Happy Flower Mugs!

Tags: ,

11 Responses to “Thrifting”

1. Ambrosia says:

LOVE those! I bet they make you happy every time you look at them =)

2. Rebecca says:

Those are CUTE!

I want to thrift. But I’m afraid I am clueless. I’ve scored a thing or two here and there but that’s more me lucking out than actually knowing what I’m doing. Plus I have NO idea where the good thrift stores are in my city. Nor do I have any idea how to FIND the good thrift stores.

So much work just to buy old junk. ; )

3. mandy says:

those are RAD. i love them!
    the things don’t have to be thrifted that week – in fact there are no rules at all really. :)

Adorable! The pattern reminds me of the onion-flower dishes I got at a flea market and have been obsessed with since, just because “onion-flower” is such a funny name for a pattern.

Are they blue and white onion flower dishes? My mom had those for her casual wedding china. Oh the 60s, when people registered and got multiple types of china for their weddings… Or does that still happen?

Brigid Keely Reply:

If we’d had a “real” wedding (we eloped), we would have registered for both formal china and every day china/plates. The formal stuff would have been from Marshall Field’s/Macy’s, and the every day would have been from Target. We probably wouldn’t have gotten full sets of ANYTHING, but it would have been a start.

BTW, under the “submit comment” button, there are 3 separate check boxes with the text “Notify me of follow-up comments by email.” Do you have redundant plug-ins?

I’m sure I have redundant plugins. Thanks for letting me know and I’ll look in to it. And, probably, break them all.

5. chrissy says:

coffee plus those mugs equals me being the happiest girl alive! they are so cheery! great find.

6. Those happy flowers mugs are cute. Just to say, there’s nothing wrong going for thrift stores. In fact, that’s the most practical thing to do these days. I wonder, for how much did you bought them?

7. Brigid Keely says:

Those mugs are AMAZING. I really love them. We have a chain of thrift stores out here called Unique (it’s a big chain but don’t know if any are by you) and everything’s half off on Mondays. My BFF in HS and I used to go every Monday after school and pad out our wardrobes. I was pretty pleased to find there’s locations where I live now. I got an Osh Kosh winter coat for Niko for $2.50 and two LOVELY wool pea coats with hoods and big wooden toggle buttons, one dark green and one red, for less than $5.00 each. They’re too big for him now, but should fit him next fall. BEAUTIFUL.

8. Van says:

I love the bright floral pattern and how you’ve staged the photos in your garden.