Wordless Wednesday: In the Garden

We’re getting ready to garden for the summer. Living in coastal Southern California means a lot of plants can go in the ground in March and seeds can be started for sure. Spencer and I picked out some seed packetss at the store: strawberries, corn, green beans and a lettuce mix. Possibly carrots too. We’ll get tomato plants in May.

Rather than weed the side yard (ugh), I decided to just turn the relatively weed free former herb garden into a strawberry patch. Spencer helped, with varying degrees of success. Much dirt was thrown, most stay out of eyes, so yay?

Pointy rake is pointy

Do you have a wordless wednesday post? Link up below!

Tags: , ,

27 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday: In the Garden”

1. Ai Sakura says:

Must have been a fun time for him! :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

2. momto8blog says:

you have a great helper!

3. Aww, what a sweet helper you have!

4. A strawberry garden? That sounds great! Can I come over and pick some strawberries when they’re ready?

But with the strawberries come the snails… We’ll see how bad they are this year.

5. Meryl says:

I hope you get to enjoy your strawberries soon! Thanks for hosting, have a great week.

6. kewkew says:

Num num, my grandmother used to have quite the garden and she grew strawberries.
    Kids just love helping out in the garden. It is great for them to see the fruit of their labor.

7. Camille says:

Hahah what a cute lil gardener!

8. Brandi says:

So cute when kids garden :) How neat that you can start that early where you’re from!!

Brandi

9. Nice!! I can’t wait for warmer weather!

Tammi
    My Organized Chaos

We had strawberries in the back garden when we moved in and I somehow managed to kill them. I’m the ultimate anti-gardener. I need you and Spencer to come help immediately.

11. those gloves are sooo cute on him! Isn’t this time of year the best?

12. Sarah says:

Aww. So fun.

13. How fun! I cannot wait to get some new planters growing on my patio!

14. Oh my goodness. What a little cutie : ) Very, very sweet! Good luck with your garden!

15. Trisha G. says:

What an adorable helper!

16. What a great little man helping with the garden!

17. Mallory says:

Same here in Florida- my tomatoes, peppers & cucumbers are growing like crazy.

18. Satakieli says:

How fun! Makes me wish we had a backyard! But we’ll have to make do with planting seeds on the porch. It’s been surprisingly warm in Chicago too so I think our seeds can probably go outside early this year!

19. What a great hobby to get your children into :)

20. Looks like lots of fun was had! Great idea with the strawberry garden, bet Spencer’s going to love picking (and eating) them when they grow – and he’ll be proud that he helped plant them! ;)

Angry Birds: Space Needle

21. Looks like fun! I so wish that we could plant a garden now, but it’s more like May by the time we can start one here.

22. Tiffany says:

Looks like someone had a blast!

23. So fun! My kiddo adores getting in the dirt too, and since I have a black thumb, she’s lucky her grandparents are both garden lovers. It’s just about time that they’ll be getting out in the dirt again here too!

24. He’s quite the gardener! :)

25. How fun! He is adorable and looks like such a good little helper!