Wordless Wednesday: Shooting in Manual

I told myself lots of lies last year when I got my camera, but the biggest one seemed to be that I would be shooting entirely in manual in 3 months. Just didn’t happen. I’ve was so tired the last few months, getting out the good camera was effort in itself, let alone trying to learn something new… But my friend Mandy just got a camera and is giving manual a go from the beginning – so smart. I wish I had done the same.

I thought I would play around with manual today and unfortunately, it was 2 and the bright sun was not my friend. And I clearly don’t understand white balance, but I got some cute shots.

My issue with white balance, I have no idea why one is bluish, all I changed was the WB setting.

But, I suppose, the most important question is “does Spencer look cuter in manual?”

Hard to say.

Does you have a wordless wednesday post? Link up below:

Tags:

23 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday: Shooting in Manual”

1. Ai Sakura says:

true.. nowadays it’s just so convenient to shoot with an iPhone that I rarely bring out my proper camera haha

Ai @ Sakura Haruka
    Join in: Wordless Wednesday Linky Party

2. I try and try myself, I can never ‘get it’… *sigh*

Tammi
    My Organized Chaos

3. alicia says:

Amazing how much wb can change a photo… Bravo for giving it a go. It only gets easier with practice.

4. momto8blog says:

all great shots!

5. annie says:

I admire you for going on manual! I have a DSLR and totally only use automatic all the time.

6. Audrey says:

When you change the white balance you are altering the setting of the camera which tell it what to compensate for. The first shot looks blue because you presumably had it set for fluorescent lighting, which emits more blue tones than natural light, though our eyes don’t necessarily see it.

7. Great shots! He’s definitely cute either way :).

8. I’ve kept mine on manual no flash. I don’t grasp the white balance at ALL. Happy Wednesday!

9. Lolo says:

I have been working on shooting in manual for over a year now! I am pretty good in great light, but when there are shadows or low light I need major help!

10. aquariann says:

Gorgeous flower! And Spencer is cute, as always, manual or not. :D

-:¦:- Featured Photo: Disco Horse -:¦:-

11. I’m trying to focus in manual too. Since it takes a while until you get the hang of it (in my case I’m still working on it). On the bright side, it’s a lot easier to focus on what you really want. Good luck with manual focusing.

12. Joyce says:

Beautiful roses, and your kid is as cute as ever.

Joyce

13. Spencer looks cute in any setting. Period.

14. Great shots! :) Anyhow, Spencer looks adorable regardless of setting. :)

Happy WW!

Best Regards!
    Des of chicsassymom.com

15. Jen says:

good for you. read, read and read. check out this link, a 31 days to better photo series: http://my3boybarians.com/31-days-series/ it will help

also, one day it will all just click (no pun intended). as you learn you will see yourself & your shots getting better.

most importantly…HAVE FUN

Thanks! I’ll check it out.

16. great photos! Love playing with the camera and its settings!

17. Michelle says:

Hang in there! I think it took me around 5-6 months to be shooting full manual but it’s definitely worth it :) I’m so lazy with my ‘big’ camera now that I have an iPhone though, whoops!

18. dumb mom says:

I’m getting lazy about bringing out my real camera too. I just always have my phone and the photos are so good. Plus they are easy to share. And, I’m addicted to Instagram. Just not sure why I even need my regular camera most of the time!

19. Mindi says:

I’ve been shooting in Manual (after taking a four week class) and haven’t gone back to auto. I love how much my pictures have improved. There are a couple of really great blogs out there with good info including
    and http://www.clickitupanotch.com/
    Have fun! Thanks for hosting!

Thanks so much! I’ll check them out.

20. Tiffany says:

Pretty shots! I’m definitely a novice with my newish DSLR. Still learning.

21. kewkew says:

I know nothing about cameras, but the pictures are lovely