WW: Hope

2012 has been a rough year for babies. I lost my girls in February. My friend Suz lost one of her triplets. Alena just had her baby boy yesterday and he’s in the NICU fighting an infection. And then Diana who is trying to keep her twin boys cooking just as long as she can. I’m really at a loss for words, but I try so hard to remember that there is always hope.

If people are inclined to donate to the March of Dimes March for Babies fundraiser this year, my friend Mandy has information over on The Haps. This fundraiser is near and dear to my heart as I lost my babies to preterm labor. I hope to maybe organize or join a team next year.

Link up your wordless wednesday below and hug your children one extra time today {if their your childern. People might think it is weird if your hug random kids}. And for the curious, this is a random photo of the river near fort dodge, iowa. Or in fort dodge. I don’t remember, it was 2004.

Tags:

32 Responses to “WW: Hope”

1. Sarah says:

{{hugs}}

I like the photo a lot btw! Especially the reflection in the water.

This photo is my favorite that I ever took with my very first crappy digital point & shoot. It was my work desktop photo for 5 years.

2. Rebecca says:

No kidding it’s been a rough year for babies. I know of 3 people who’ve lost babies this year already.

It’s hard to have hope when things just don’t make sense.

But I guess in cases like Diana’s (which I just can’t effing believe is even happening) you HAVE to have hope or you have nothing.

Like you, I am at a loss for words. So I’ll just send out a group e-hug. : )

Diana’s case is truly unbelievable. And her faith is amazing.

3. Brandi says:

Awww so sorry to hear about the rough year with babies. There is always hope, but it’s still tough when you’re going through it. Love the photo though! Thanks for linking up :)

Brandi

I always try and stay focused on the hope, but it isn’t always easy.

4. Xmasdolly says:

I too lost a child. I lost her to S.I.D.S. at the tender age of four months the day her Christening was supposed to be. Our priest Christened her at the hospital. Let me tell you a good one. S.I.D.S. was only declared a disease in 1991 I believe that’s why they didn’t get any government grants for their research. Want to know why? Because babies don’t vote. Ain’t that a kicker!

I’m so sorry for your loss. Thanks for stopping by.

5. rachel says:

I’m so sorry for the loss of your babies. I too lost a daughter. She was born early and lived for 6 days before she went to Heaven. xxoo

I’m so sorry for you loss Rachel. xoxo

6. I have no children, but on that note, I think I’m going to have to pay a vist to my niece and give her a great big hug.

7. Theresa says:

Sorry for your loss! I agree, it has been a rough year for babies! I have quite a few friends that do the local March or Dimes walk here. I hope they raised a lot of money this year!

I love your photo!

8. Sarah says:

I love that photo. Didn’t realize you had lost your girls. So sorry. It has been a rough year for babies for some friends of mine too.

9. That is a stunning shot!

and wow. that is definitely a rough year for babies :(

10. Celebrate Woman says:

It is tough losing your babies, at any age or stage of their development. One of my twin boys was lost, and one was saved. I huge him every day. I love him dearly.
    There is no consolation. Never will be. We just can extend our love to all people around us, next to us.
    With all my love and soul.

11. Stasha says:

I am so sorry for your loss. So very sorry.

12. i’m a big believer in the march of dimes! i wasn’t able to walk this year but definitely donated. it feels good to be able to at least do something to contribute to a fight for a brighter future for our babies!

13. Ai Sakura says:

thanks for this reminder. will be hugging my girl extra hard tonight..

Ai @ Sakura Haruka
    Join in: Wordless Wednesday Linky Party

14. Suz says:

Hugs & hope to you! What a beautiful photo.

15. Your post made me wonder what to say. “Sorry” just isn’t good enough. There are some hurts that there just aren’t words for. This is one of those cases.

Thinking of you and saying a prayer for those with hurting hearts.

Teresa

16. Nessa says:

Praying and thinking of you and all the mommies an babies. my husband is in training as a NICU fellow and the March of DImes is so close to our heart. all of my miscarriages were really early – knowing how hard that was, my heart breaks for the mommies and families fighting for their precious little ones. Beautiful photo.

17. Beautiful photo.
    Very rough year, I’m so sorry for your loss.

18. Pamela Gold says:

Hope is the one thing that never expires in my book. Never, ever. Keep holding onto it.

19. Julie says:

As much as an e-hug from a total stranger can help, I hope this does (((HUG))) What a powerful post, I’m sure accompanied by a powerful story & it sounds like you have friends who have stories they might like to share, too. I am trying to get mothers who have written (or to write) their birth experiences- no matter the time, term or outcome- and link them here http://theprogressiveparent.blogspot.com/ under the #birthstrong tab. I would love to have your story be a part of my project, but understand if it isn’t something you’re interested in. Great page, great attitude! Just started following via WW. :)

20. ToDoListmom says:

I am totally sending you HUGS through web right now!!!

21. Emily Y. says:

I’m so sorry for your loss, and for the losses many women are mentioning in the comments. It’s a good reminder to cherish the little ones we have right now. I think your letter to Spencer was endearing in that way… a reminder that even when they drive us up a wall, they are our most precious gifts! I don’t think we’ll ever understand why God works in some ways, but you have to believe there is some greater plan at work. That doesn’t make it easier some days, though… Some days you probably want to tell God to suck it… I think He gets that. You are doing a remarkable job of holding on to hope! ((Hugs))

22. Very sorry for your loss and the loss of others, this is a beautiful photo of hope :)

23. YoliDreams says:

Wow, there is really no way to react… No words,…. :-(

24. I’m so sorry for your loss. Every year I try to support bloggers in their March of Dimes Walk, it’s such a great cause….

25. Jennifer says:

I’m so so sorry to learn of your loss, Amy. Sending love and prayers. xoxoxo

26. Mindi says:

Thanks for sharing this post. So, so sorry about your loss. I have walked the March of Dimes walk several times and believe in all they do and stand for.

27. mobile games says:

When someone writes an paragraph he/she maintains the image of a user in his/her mind that how a
    user can be aware of it. Therefore that’s why this paragraph
    is outstdanding. Thanks!