Banana – Chocolate Chip Muffiny Cupcakes*

We were attending a neighborhood bbq and were supposed bring “a dish to share” and I never know what that means? Entree? Salad? What if it doesn’t go with what other people brought? I decided to take the easy way out and make chocolate chip cookies. Spencer had other ideas and declared we were making banana cupcakes. We compromised. This is a combination of about 3 recipes that I failed to bookmark, so credit goes to every other banana bread muffin/cupcake creator ever.

Banana – Chocolate Chip Muffiny Cupcakes

1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
1 cup sugar
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 large egg
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbs water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tins with papers.
  2. Cream butter and sugar
  3. Add egg and banana and mix thoroughly
  4. In a small bowl, mix water, baking soda and vanilla until combined, add to mixture
  5. Make sure everything is mixed well and then slowly add flour, mixing gently to combine.
  6. Stir in chocolate chips
  7. Scoop into pan liners (I used a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop)
  8. Bake for 15-18 minutes.

Makes 16.

*Please note: I really wanted to call them muff cakes, but I thought perhaps I would be misunderstood. Ahem.

Tags:

12 Responses to “Banana – Chocolate Chip Muffiny Cupcakes*”

1. Suz says:

I love all things banana {except laffy taffys}. Please remind me to make these when I’m baking next time!!!

2. Kim says:

I love Amy/Spencer compromises :)

3. julie says:

mmmmm – i would be proud to take credit for muffins that look that yummy! i just made some on the BBQ that turned out super delicious!- and now i want more muffins, thanks :)

4. Mary says:

YUM! I am going to make these…& SO calling them muff cakes;-) Hehehe!!

5. Jamie says:

My mouth is watering as I looked through this post. Banana and Chocolate, I love that combination and it’s my weakness.

6. wendy says:

yum! I love banana chocolate chip muffins.

7. you’re my new best friend for writing a recipe with banana muffins that DOESN’T include nuts! *hugs* thanks! ;-)

I HATE nuts in baked good. Well, mixed in nuts. I like peanut butter things. And pecan pie. Mostly I just can’t stand walnuts.

8. Carolyn West says:

I’m going with the Muff Cakes and will definitely be doing some baking tomorrow. Good thing I bought a bag of chocolate chips today.

I love that these are mostly stuff I have on hand all the time for old banana emergencies.