Wordless Wednesday: Chelsea Market

When I was in New York City, I took a tour of Chelsea Market with some friends the day before the conference started. I am normally not a huge fan of organized tours, but I thought this one was great. The food was fine to good to great, but I am used to eating pretty high quality food when I dine out. Sarah did a great recap of the tour, so rather than rehash it (and certainly not as well), I’ll just suggest you go read hers. I’ll just share some photos. The tour also included stops in the Meatpacking District (amazing pasta!) and the High Line (amazing view!).

Scenes from a Chelsea Market Food Tour

Cookies from Chelsea Market

Chelsea Market Lobster Store

Scenes from a Chelsea Market Food Tour

Scenes from a Chelsea Market Food Tour

Thanks for checking out my photos of Chelsea Market; do you have a wordless wednesday post? I’d love to see! Link it up below.

Also, if anyone is interested in getting more out of instagram, check out my post!

Tags: , , , ,

29 Responses to “Wordless Wednesday: Chelsea Market”

1. Mmmm, food. I miss going out to nice eateries so much!

2. Ai Sakura says:

looks great! will keep this in mind for when I visit NYC.. one day soon I hope!

3. Kim says:

I’m SO GLAD we did this!

I just tried to like this comment. Facebook has invaded my brain.

Sarah Reply:

It’s okay. I tried to double click your photos like Instagram. Your photos are BEAUTIFUL. And thanks for the shout out. I’m super glad I chose to go on the tour. :)

4. Great photos! Especially the fun cookies!

5. Mitch says:

I love that market!
    Mitch

6. Theresa says:

Very nice shots! NY is on my wish list of places to visit. I will have to remember to go to Chelsea Market when I get there!

7. Sarah says:

These are great. So fun!!

8. Who would have thought a food tour could be so much fun? I was taken on the Chelsea Market Food Tour for my birthday back in October and it was a blast. Chelsea Market is a beautiful place and made more wonderful after having been on this Food Tour. We started off meeting our group and guide inside the market, just outside the cellar. Our guide, who’s name I forget, was witty and funny. I had the impression he was an actor, but he was a big part of the reason why the Food Tour was so great. He gave us all maps, brochures of good eats, and a bottle of water. We were off!We went to a variety of shops and stores throughout the market. We got to taste so many delicious foods, and not small little dinky portions either. So good. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Our guide told us about the history of the different restaurants, what the different owners were hoping to acheive with their stores/food, how the owner of Chelsea Markets managed to snag the Food Network as a tenant, and lots of other trivia. We spent the majority of the 3 hour tour inside Chelsea Market, but we did venture outside. Our guide took us to Del Posto, and Morimoto. He led us around the local district to see a butcher / restaurant, a bed and breakfast , and a hotel among others. I kinda feel some of these places were ‘off the tour’. Overall, great great fun. I came away feeling quite full, happy, and satisfied. I also learned what lactco-ovo means on this trip and that an olive spread can be sassy. =)reviewed on 1/14/08I.M.Y.

9. Honey Mommy says:

I too have never been to NY. Seeing all your great pictures makes me want to go all the more!

10. Charlotte says:

Great photos! Love the angles! Thanks for linking up, I will do the same.

11. Paula J says:

Wow such amazing things you can find in NY :)

Happy WW!
    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

12. Satakieli says:

These are great! I’ve never been to Chelsea Market, looks fun! I’ll have to remember it next time I’m in NY :)

13. Michelle says:

Those are great photos! I LOVE the first one. Thanks for the linky!
    Michelle
    Heartfelt Balance Handmade Life

14. Gina says:

What a great place- love that first pic.

Oh, these are SO good! And it just makes me that much sadder that I didn’t go.

16. posh says:

That is really cool!

Have a great WW!
    POSH

17. valerie says:

The first photo of the city looks straight out of a book!

18. Rosey says:

These are gorgeous. The first one is my favorite!

19. MommaBird says:

Great city pictures! Love the close up of the cookies. Do you ever get self conscious taking pictures like these in public?

I didn’t because this was a tour and lots of people were taking pictures and I don’t when in super tourist locations. When i am wandering down the street, sometimes I get self-conscious, mostly because I don’t want people thinking I am taking pictures of them.

20. Veronica says:

These are absolutely gorgeous Amy. Just wanted to pop in and tell you. Id love to do this tour someday. Absolutely gorgeous work.

21. I didn’t know they gave guided tours of Chelsea Market. Huh. So random! Love that top shot- looks like it’s from another era.

It was through Food Tours of NY, they do quite a few tours of different areas. I think they have some sort of deal with the vendors we visit. They guide was super informative.

22. OT and ET says:

Eleni’s <3 mmmmm

23. Hence, it is one of the pills recommended by many
    consumers and pharmacists. These may not be so much effective and may take longer
    time in reducing the bulge of the body. Otherwise else
    you visit to facilitate facilitate your closest pharmacy meant for anyy natural weight loss supplements,
    bear insmind a few guidelines whilst selecting weight loss supplements.

24. […] to Make Marinated Balsamic Onions When I was in New York last month, I took the food tour of Chelsea Market and one of my favorite things we ate were the little marinated balsamic onions the were part of the […]