Chrome Twig Valentine’s Day Wreath
This is another frankencraft. The idea came from the chrome pinecones and the paper heart tic tac toe. I thought it would be find to chrome a twig wreath and then I wanted to decorate it for valentine’s day. This wreath went through a few idea cycles that I couldn’t quite get to work, but here is the final result.
I made a cute how-to video on the new Vine app (find me there! babybabylemon), but I DID NOT KNOW that you can only embed videos if you tweeted or facebooked the vine when you made it. And being a keep the platform on the platform sort of person, I didn’t share it externally. New plan: tweet them all, copy the url if I think I might need it and delete the tweet.
So… if you are on there, you can see a cute little stop motion of doing the wreath. It was fun to make, but I think I might have sacrificed a little wreath quality trying to do the video and the wreath and take photos (which turned out poorly.) Or it was just a subpar crafting day. I get those. I would definitely try doing a how to video like this again because I think it is fun, but maybe on something I have made before. Lesson learned.
The basic directions are:
- chrome a twig wreath with spray paint, general directions on the pinecone post
- punch 2 paper hearts for every one heart you want on the wreath
- tape one heart to embroidery floss, glue second heart to back to make them double sided
- repeat for all the hearts you want on the wreath
- tie embroidery floss to wreath