Little Bits from my Kitchen vol 6
I have a bunch of kitchen related tidbits and some recent recipe links, a bullet list seems like the way to go.
- I need a new nonstick frying pan. Years of near daily use has worn mine clean out. I might just replace mine with another Look. It has its pros: awesome, lasts a long time, not made in china, but also its con: so, so spendy. Maybe I should make the switch cast iron full time. I’m so conflicted.
- I own these Corning Ware Mugs. I impulse bought them at Target when I wanted to make french onion soup. So handy. We use these a million times more than I thought we would.
- So excited about strawberry season. Going to make freezer jam for sure, maybe attempt gel candy again and what else??? The strawberry vinegar I tried last year was only meh. I could infuse liquor, but it feels a little been there done that.
- Pizza. Who makes their own dough and with what recipe? Hit me with links in the comments.
- Spencer loves to bake, but we probably don’t need to be making as many sweet treats as we do. That’s why I was thinking pizza dough. I’m not sure about waiting for things to rise. Toddlers aren’t the most patient folks. What else is there? Quick breads? Even healthy muffins tend to still have a lot of sugar. I’m not sure what to do, but I know I need to quit with the cookies.
I would love any input!
In case you missed them, here are some of the recent recipes I posted on the blog. Just click on the photo: