Secret Recipe Spinach
Not so secret anymore, is it? This is THE BEST sauteed spinach, but no one can tell just exactly why it is so good. Garlic, check. Just the right amount of squishy, check. Done in 5 minutes, check. But what is that extra flavor? The body? The hint of smoke. I’ll tell you. ::whispers:: bacon fat. You’ll never look at spinach the same way again.
Sautéed Spinach with Garlic and Bacon Fat
8 ounces of fresh spinach, washed and dried
2 cloves of garlic, minced*
1 teaspoon bacon fat
- Heat up a saute pan or skillet over medium high heat, add bacon fat and melt
- Add garlic and cook until translucent, stirring frequently
- Shove all of the spinach in the pan, cover. Cook for one minute
- Remove lid and stir, trying to get all of the spinach from the bottom of the pan to the top, so spinach gets cooked evenly
- Cover and cook for another minute
- Stir and it might be done. It may depend on your pan’s fullness. Cook another minute until desired doneness, if needed
- Eat it all up, yum
* I pink puffy heart love the Dorot minced garlic cubes that are available in the freezer section of most grocery stores. (I get mine at Trader Joe’s or Fresh & Easy). It is so handy! I keep it in the freezer and never have to worry about chopping garlic or using up a whole head.