Tomato Attack 2013

Hard to beleive that our tomatoes went from this

raised bed planter box tomatoes

tomatoes in cages

To this

in less than six weeks. Hope we get some tomatoes soon. We do have lots of blooms.

Link up your wordless wednesday post below:

Tags: , ,

21 Responses to “Tomato Attack 2013”

1. Amanda M. says:

Love the garden! Fresh tomatoes are the best!

2. Wow! Look at all of those tomatoes!

3. OMG! How did you get that to grow so big, I’ve never seen such a huge tomato plant!!

Tammi

It is actually 4 plants that sort of merged in to a beast. The weird sideways growth pattern is from the wind and the hugeness is from the wall making them all warm and happy.

4. I am so stinking jealous of your green thumb. I’ve killed quite a few plants already this summer. :(

5. stevebethere says:

That tomato plant is huge well done ;-)

6. Karly says:

Damn! That really IS a tomato attack! Ha ha ha!

7. You definitely have a green thumb! You ought to be pleased! Great shots. Thanks for hosting.

8. Looking forward to seeing the tomatoes on your plant. Happy WW

9. Honey Mommy says:

Yum! I love home-grown tomatoes! We just got some cherry tomatoes from our plants along with some purple bell peppers.

10. Terra Heck says:

Wow, they look great! Good green thumb!

11. Great garden! The extent of my gardening capabilities is to spend money at the farmer’s market :)

12. That’s insanity! We are officially gardening failures. My boys are not keeping up on the weeding…

13. You are what we call the Green Thumb farmer my friend.

14. WOW! That’s awesome!!! I can’t believe that I didn’t garden this year :(

15. Audrey says:

Okay, so tell me more about the black covering you have down to keep weeds out. I wanted to do something like that and Chris told me it would kill the soil because the heat would destroy the good bacteria, etc. Have you been doing this and not had that issue? Sincerely, Desperately Seeking Weed Abatement

We mostly use mulch for keeping weeds down, but did the weed barrier/landscape cloth (got it on a roll at Lowe’s) for the raised boxes. It does raise the temperature of the soil, but our summer temps max out at about 80. It comes in different colors though, for different levels of heat (I think.) We used it because that is the side of the house and the space between the wall and the house turns in to a wind tunnel and we have a horrible problem with wind-carried weeds. That’s also why the tomato plants grew so lopsided.

16. posh says:

I’ve had a couple of plants do the same thing. I’m excited!

17. Amber says:

Those are going to be some big tomatoes.