I’m writing this while on the elliptical with one thumb on my phone. Technology is weird. This is one of those random lists of thoughts and ideas not long enough for a whole post. But every single thought and feeling is so very important. I must share them! Lucky readers.
1. I’m using the elliptical again and the baby weight is not magically melting of and I guess I need to pay more attention to what I am eating. I was hoping it could be more of a one or the other type thing. This is baby weight at almost 40. It sucks. Have ’em early, kids.
2. I started a post on ways to get rid of stuff from subscription boxes that you don’t want,like or need and it turned into a bit of an anti-materialism thing which is strange because I like subscription boxes and buying stuff. So now it’s just sitting in drafts.
3. We went to Yosemite last weekend. The pass opened earlyish for the season so we took advantage and then it snowed and I think everything is closed again. Mountain weather is nuts. Spencer loved hike-walking and especially mini-bouldering. I fared ok. The aforementioned baby weight and general unfitness was a little problematic. Plus the altitude can mess with my balance/vertigo a little bit and it was my first time on anything more complicated than a sidewalk with Truman in the ergo. My sister recommended hiking poles to help. Has anyone tried them and found them to help?
4. I keep coming up with great blog ideas and conference pitches but they just sit in my notes app because I have no motivation. Also ,no desire to speak at conferences.
5. I just found out how much people make with reward style links. Holy crap.
7. I’m in a photography slump. I’m stuck between beginner courses and everything else. I have a decent eye, but my execution is inconsistent. I need to learn how to shoot better, but most classes I can find online end up being about 70% editing which just isn’t my thing. Problem is, I have a hard time reading about photography. I need to take an in person class where someone can show me how to do things with my camera on my camera. There just isn’t anything like that locally.
8. Eight, eight I forget what eight was for. (That song pops in my head every single time I get to 8 on a list. It’s a sickness)
9. I’m finally reading Game of Thrones. I’m only on book 2 so no spoilers. Except for the whole unavoidable tv show spoilers thing. Some how the internet coverage of the weddings got me to read them. Red wedding piqued my interest. Purple wedding got me to commit. So, I have noticed some people used to call the books Song of Fire and Ice which is what the whole book series is called. But now most people call the books (entire series) Game of Thrones, too; instead of just the first book. Is this one of those Dr/Doctor Who things where people who use the abbreviation are derided by those in the know? Help me not look like an ass, internet!
10. I’m going to blogher (original recipe) in July. Not sure why except its drivable and my husband can get the time off. Family vacay! To San Jose! In July. LOL. I’m dumb.
Tags: this and that