Getting Ready for #BlogHer14

This isn’t my first time at the BlogHer Conference rodeo. I have been twice before, which is enough times to fall right smack in between the newbies and the vets. I don’t know what that makes me. A normal, regular conference goer, I guess.

I do have enough experience to talk about what to expect. Who am I kidding, blog world expertise is sometimes no experience required.

First there are the people:
Mommy Bloggers leaving their kids

Except for the ones leaving their baby for the first time

Some are there for networking and important meetings.

Some bloggers are just there for the swag; look out when the expo opens!

And some are there for the party

Speaking of the parties, most people think they are dancing like this:

When in reality…

People going to meals alone will be like this:

because they are expecting

when really it is like

Friday morning sessions everyone is excited

Saturday morning is more like

And while Sunday morning post-conference brunch seems like a good idea at the time, when that alarm goes off?

And then BlogHer is over

Tags: , ,

8 Responses to “Getting Ready for #BlogHer14”

1. Leah says:

You make that sound awesome and terrible at the same time.

2. Sue says:

Hi there –
    I hope you enjoy BlogHer, and I also hope you’ll visit Wordless Wednesday (on Tuesday) each week at the new location. This week’s linky is found here:

3. Lavinia says:

have been reminding you all this week to raid your stockpiles to DONATE during Couponing for Community this week! It is also the USPS Stamp Out Hunger Drive on Saturday – TOO!MROWR!  So if you

4. In season 2 when Charlie takes Aaron in order to baptise him u can clearly see Aaron has 4 toes on his left foot. The statue is of cerberus. Guardian of hades.

5. http://www./ says:

Pretty decent post. I just stumbled upon your site and wanted to say that I have in reality enjoyed reading your web site posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

6. Fabulously important post.I was one to never express anger. Rather than be able to acknowledge I was angry about something, I would say I was annoyed, maybe even highly annoyed. But that didn’t give me permission to fully “feel” the emotion and then allow it to disperse naturally.Thankfully now, I am able to experience a full range of emotions among that spectrum between the poles.

7. http://www./ says:

“why, in 14 years, one of the largest oil exporters in the world, cannot get its act together, insofar as hydroelectric power capacity and distribution is concerned.”The whole point is that production has increased faster than in their richer, and more developed neighbor to the south. But given that I’m teaching special education here, I’m not surprised that I’ve had to repeat that about 15 times now.

8. http://www./ says:

Så himla himla himla orättvist. Jag sänder här en stor kram till dig och din familj. Fina ni, ta hand om varandra. KRAM, Anna.